For serious solicitations only, please view profile at Linkedin.
Julie “Julz” Finley is originally from New York, but is now based in Akron, Ohio. Her work has a focus on Graphic Design, Live Concert Photography, and Fine Arts. Other fields that she has lent her ability towards: Pop Culture Writing/Reporting, Web Design, Social Media, and Video/Audio Editing. If you want to learn more, just ask!
For Freelance Hiring, Find Julz at E-Lance!
- State University of New York at Fredonia Bachelor of Arts: Visual Arts and Graphic Design Fredonia, NY
- State University of New York at Mohawk Valley Community College Associate of Applied Arts: Graphic Design Utica, New York
- Kent State University Internet/Multimedia Studies Kent, Ohio
- NAI Cummins Real Estate (NAI Global Akron) Akron, OH; Graphic Designer / Listing Administrator
- Popshifter.com Toronto, ONT, CA; Freelance Contributing Writer and Performing Arts Photographer
- Aikens-Hanicker.com Rome, NY; Freelance Graphic Designer/Webmaster
- Vallmar & Co., Stow, OH. Graphic Designer
- AA Blueprint, Akron, OH. Graphic Designer
- Indie Music Cares, Los Angeles, CA. Freelance Graphic Designer
- The Record-Courier, Kent, OH. Graphic Designer
- Fort Dearborn Company. Cleveland, Ohio. Graphic Pre-press Operator.
- Cleveland Museum of Art. Cleveland, Ohio. Performing Arts Photographer
- Ectopic Enterprises. Brooklyn, NY. Web Maintenance.
- USOUNDS International. Santa Monica, CA. Contributing Writer and Performing Arts Photographer
- Stanley Properties. Parma, Ohio. Web and graphic design.
- Website Solutions. Westlake, Ohio. Web design.
- Quarry Lane. Independence, Ohio. Graphic design.
- Earthlink Cargo. Inglewood, California. Graphic design.
- UPG Media. Cleveland, Ohio. Graphic design.
- Viscosity Clothing Company. Minneapolis Minnesota. Graphic design.
- Mac OS X, Windows (ME-8), Ubuntu (Linux)
- Adobe CS1-6: Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Lightroom
- QuarkXPress 4-8
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Entourage, Expressions (UltimateSuite)
- Kodak: Prinergy Workflow Systems
- Artisteer 3-4
- Apple: Garageband, Logic Express, iMovie
- HTML, HTML5
- TrackVia & LoopNet (Online data tracking systems)
- Social Media Marketing: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, Mailchimp.
Exhibitions and Awards
- Billboard Magazine & PDN Online Year In Music Moment Photography Contest 2009 (NYC, NY) 6 photos accepted in a group online showcase, and juried exhibit.
- “Private Screening” Spring 2008 Cleveland, OH “The Origin of a Species: The Platypus” Animated video in a group show.
- “Eruption at Fredonia” Spring 2004 Fredonia, NY 14 pieces in a group show.
- “The Great Lakes Emerging Artists Exhibit” Fall 2003 Fredonia, NY 2 pieces in a group show show.
- “The International Library of Photography Exhibit” Summer 2003 Washington, DC 2nd Place winner
- “Rosa Parks Scholarship Foundation Competition” Spring 2003 Fredonia, NY Painting accepted for juried competition